On a monthly basis, we like to open our doors and invite anyone who is involved with or has an interest in Autism for a free Taster session.
During these couple of hours, we provide parents / carers / professionals who are in contact with children and young people on the Autistic Spectrum a demonstration and an opportunity to have a go at some of our hands on exercises with the horses to gain new insights into some traits of Autism and how best to communicate with and get along with those on the spectrum.
The demonstration and hands on exercises enables delegates to:
- Experience the value of working in a holistic approach to support children and young people on the spectrum.
- Understand Autism more clearly through the eyes of a horse.
- Understand how our non-verbal language affects those around us.
- Learn to communicate more authentically.
- Observe the benefits of building relationships.
- Return feeling inspired to try some new ideas.
No horse experience is necessary and we highly recommend that delegates have a go, as these experiences are often very enlightening when trying to understand many aspects of Autism.
We are also there to answer questions about our services and programmes that we offer children and young people who are on the Autistic Spectrum, their families and professionals, including the benefits of working with the horses.
Refreshments will be provided. This event is not for children, however please feel free to bring your family, friends and colleagues along.