Volunteering for Autism Angels is fun and rewarding!
Are you enthusiastic? Do you have a positive attitude? Do you have the qualities and the passion to work in a busy yet rewarding environment? Do you have an interest in working with families and children alongside some beautiful horses? If so, then Volunteering for Autism Angels is the perfect opportunity for you!
Autism Angels recruits volunteers to support and enable our charity to grow, and offer even more opportunities to all of the families affected by situations that challenge the norm.
We have an abundance of opportunities for you to volunteer in and value any skills or time offered. Some of the roles and opportunities available include:
- Regular weekly activities with families
- Horse care and well being
- Fundraising events
- Organisation of events
- Family Fun Days
- Summer Camps
It can be helpful, but not essential, to have knowledge and experience of being around horses and working with children and families. All training for your role will be provided in our bespoke and all encompassing, 6 week, training programme.
The programme will include, but not limited to the following:
- Developing you and investing in yourself
- Learning how to contract with people and be clear about expectations and roles from the start
- Empowering you to understand what boundaries are and how to use them effectively
- Opportunities to deal with adversity and learning how to carry on when things go wrong
- Becoming an effective leader and using leadership in a way that empowers those around you
- Developing your horse skills and teaching you about these amazing creatures through our beliefs and values
- Sharing with you our unique values and concepts that we run our charity, and our lives by.